Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Friday, January 19, 2007

January 18th - Track session

Every week since June last year I have planned to get Across to Gala for the club track session. Last winter they seemed to do me a power of good, and last night I finally made it back. Cold frosty night and a slippery track. After the usual "core-stability" dance routine as prescribed by Coach Neil, we set off on 5 x 1000m with a 200m jog recovery. Seemed about 5 - 10 seconds down on what I was doing last winter, but by this time last year I had about a dozen track sessions in my legs. This time I was doing it on the back of lots of hill-plodding.
Times as follows:
3:21, 3:26, 3:31, 3:32, 3:28. Started session with an almost flat-out 400m "to get your hearts pumping" in about 68 seconds. Running by myself as usual on the main session, and pacing was all over the shop. Wish I'd been doing these sessions through the winter. Think I might struggle for speed at next weekend's races. Below is a picture of top-totty Katie, uploaded blurrily at higher-than-usual resolution as a special treat for Chris!

No comments: