Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

January 14th - Cranshaws

Invited to Anna's mum's for lunch. She lives in Cranshaws, a wee village in the middle of the Lammermuirs, where I spent my first year in Scotland, and where I met Anna. Gorgeous part of the country, so for a change of scene I took my kit and ran from there. Lovely to be back on old familiar routes. Still pretty blowy, but nothing like the last few days. Runnable the whole way. From Cranshaws, up Bothwell Hill, along ridge and up to top of Spartleton (467m asl), then down to cross road and around north end of Whiteadder Reservoir. Stiff climb up Priestlaw into a headwind, then across the tussocks to the Longformacus road. About a mile on the road, then down through the Cranshaws estate and into the village. Just under an 1 hour 40 mins of pure delight. Slept for 10 hours straight last night, and felt like a new man!

Click image for some rather lovely photos:

1 comment:

Charlie Campbell said...

Whetted! Especially the one with the bloody windmills in it...