Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

January 10th - The Eildons

Had to go to Melrose on the school-run, so decided to include a trot up the Eildons. Forgot to take proper shoes, so had to run in a 10-year old pair of completely slick Asics road shoes. Very wet and incredibly slippery clay. Ran the race route in about 50 minutes, 19 minutes longer than when I ran it in June. About 18 minutes of this was spent on my arse or flat on my face!

Lovely clear views across sun-dappled plain 300m below. Seemed to be a fair bit more gorse and heather than six months ago.



1 comment:

Charlie Campbell said...

Lovely views indeed!