Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

January 13th - Whitton Edge

When will this bloody wind ever subside? Seems to have been blowing a gale for weeks. Getting a bit hacked off with it, if the truth be told. Living at 570ft asl means that we tend to have it quite breezy, but this is something else all together. Difficult to stand still in the garden today, and it took an act of will to get out the door for a run. Feeling pretty shagged after yet another post 1 a.m. night. Anyway, I knew the runs would be short, so took both dogs and headed for Whitton Edge, which tops out at 1080 feet. Thought it would be entertaining to tie a kite to Henry (Yourshire Terrier) once we got there, but the thought of the reaction I'd get back at the house scuppered that one!
Trudged up the track to the top of the hill with the wind in my face, then turned and ran back along the ridge, with the wind from behind blowing so hard that I was scarcely in control, and running much faster than my legs were happy with. Shortest run of the year, at about 25 minutes, but still felt like I'd been through the wringer. Here's yet another canine portrait, just to prove I was out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry looks cute. Is he well behaved ?

Marc said...

LOL