Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11th - Morebattle Hill & Gateshaw Brae

Blew a terrible hooley last night, and I fully expected to find my office in pieces scattered across the field. Now very glad to have built it so heavy from 6 x 2s. Still sitting on its blocks. Several trees down on the farm, and still windy enough to make standing difficult when I ran at 3:15 this afternoon. Strong wind from the left as I climbed Morebattle hill, which then pushed me down the east side of the hill and over towards Gateshaw Brea. Struggled on this climb, with the wind coming from the side again. Knackered from battling to keep balance and several tumbles. Down off Gateshaw Brae into the teeth of the gale. Steep descent, but blown to a standstill at times. Very exilarating, and arrived home staggering and chuckling. Dog impervious with a low centre of gravity, although her ears did some serious flapping! Can't find bumbag and camera, which I chucked down somewhere on my return. Pictures will follow when it turns up.

Stop press... Found it!


No comments: