Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16th - Hownam Law & Wideopen Hill

At last the wind has blown itself out, after almost a fortnight. Woke to glorious sunshine and a light frost. Took off in the morning and drove round to the Hownam valley. Blissful 1 hour 20 minute run up Hownam Law, along ridge to Wideopen Hill, down to Crookedshaws track, back up to Wideopen Hill and down to car. Loved it - every minute of it. So refreshing to be running without the interference of the wind. Felt like I had the spinnaker up - that kind of effortless speed that comes rarely and without warning. Couple of naughty twinges from right knee, but I growled at them and they went away. Perhaps the days of battling against the wind have done some good. Wish I had a race tomorrow!

Click below for photos

No comments: