Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

May 2nd - River Teviot

Ankle feeling reasonably robust today. Once the haze had burnt off it was glorious and sunny. Nipped into Kelso in the afternoon and had a wonderful 45-minute run along the Teviot to Roxburgh and back. Path a bit more technical than I've ever noticed before, with plenty of twists and turns and half-buried rocks to skip around. Ankle no worse after 45 minutes than it had been after 10, which I suppose is encouraging.
Lovely displays of primroses, dandelions and forget-me-nots, and a heady smell of wild garlic, which had my juices flowing even before I ran past Springwood, where some bugger was cooking a bacon roll! Mmmmmm!

No comments: