Introduction

After several years of struggling to squeeze in more than a couple of runs each week, and aware that the final years of my athletic prime were passing at a clip, I resolved to run every day for a year. Didn't manage it in 2006 (made it to then end of june), so hopefully the discipline of this blog and the £1 challenge will see me right in 2007.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

April 24th - May 1st

Too depressing to blog every day lately. Poodled around on the bike for a week before the club 5K track championships on April 26th. Started the race and felt comfortable at half way in 8:13, well behind Rory, who was on a blinder. With about a kilometre to go I managed to step on a hemispherical lane marker and turn my ankle (the already-dodgy one), which was agony, and which was visibly swollen within a couple of minutes. Extremely hacked off. Very sore for the next few days, so it was back to the daily half-hour cycle, sometimes around Bowmont Forest and sometimes on the road. Told Crispin I wouldn't be able to do the SIPR on May 17th, but he's persuaded me to soldier on and see how it goes. Ankle now feeling a fair bit better, and yesterday (May 1st) I risked a half-hour run around the fields, which I came through with no ill-effects.
On the bright side, planning consent has now been granted for the self-build, so at least if I can't run properly, I should find something physically active do do for the next few months.

No comments: